Sunday, January 10, 2010

Four Months- WNBA here I come!

To view this post with pictures, click here

Beware: Boring 4 month update riddled with milestone murmurings and mommy boasting.

So at 4 months old, Brinley is headed straight for the WNBA. According to her doctor she is most likely going to be very tall and thin (I guess some of those tall genes powered through after skipping me). She has a long neck, long fingers and feet, and is whopping it out at 26 inches long, which is 95- 99th percentile for length. Her weight has dwindled, however, leaving her at 14 pounds 5 ounces, which is 50th percentile (down from 85th). I am starting a bunch of "milk makin" herbs and I am drinking like a horse, hopin to fix that problemo. Other doctor noticings: Teeny tiny ear canals (to go with the teeny tiny ears, I guess), and super flexible hips (good for dancer makin).

Brinley is a very social, smiley girl. She has started squealing like crazy and has an adorable throaty cackle. She takes after her mommy and sometimes cannot decide whether to laugh or to cry- her cries sound like laughs which I find hilarious becuase it was always frustrating for my own parents when I would laugh/cry while being scolded. She likes to talk to people she comes across (a, n and g sounds coming along nicely), including the cat. She loves to be startled, loves to swing, loves to suck her fingers until they are raw, loves bathtime, and loves any and all attention aimed in her direction. She hates tummy time, napping in her crib, and not being able to see what is going on around her.

She has rolled over by accident once or twice, but can't manage it on her own yet. She still gets stuck on her arms. She can sit up in tri-pod position for a little bit before falling gracefully onto her face and can bear weight on her legs like a champ. She would stand up all day if she could. She makes an excellent beached whale impression but cannot figure out that her arms can be used to push her up. She figured out how to suck her bottom lip and spit and starts smacking her lips when she sees us eat. She can grab, hold and slober her toys and has discovered how to grab her feet (my personal favorite "milestone" ever!). Grab away, child. I'll give you whatever you want.

We couldn't be happier to be parents. Thomas keeps asking me when she can have a little brother or sister (definitely not anytime soon, says my body!). However, I can see why people have more than one child! I love hanging out with her! She gives my life great meaning and purpose. I love reading about her development and I am excited for what lies ahead. I love love love love nursing her and enjoy our special times together. I love seeing her crack a huge smile when I come to get her up in the morning and love our nightly bedtime routines. We have truly been blessed to have such a healthy, happy girl!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Good job with the sleep training! We didn't do that till 6 months with Matthew. He's still getting used to his nap times - always a challenge - but night times are great. Glad to see you all are doing well and little Brinley is so cute!

Scott and Danielle said...

Your post makes me so excited to be a mommy too! She sure is cute.