In the middle of August Thomas and I went on a little backpacking trip to Ruth Lake in the Uintas with our favorite friends, and next-door neighbors, the Hegerhorsts. The trip was perfect for me... short hike in, beautiful scenery and fun friends (although a little cold). I would have blogged this trip earlier except our pictures got deleted and I waited around to steal some of the Hegerhorst's pictures! So here they are... And yes, all of these pictures were taken by Andrew Hegerhorst (except one by some old dude) and yes, I am posting them here without permission. I am just waiting to see how long it takes Andrew and Kim to look at our blog and notice... tick, tock.
Here is the four of us with our packs by Ruth Lake.
Aw, best friends. It is funny to see Thomas sometimes regresses to his high school years (and sometimes younger) when these two get together. It has been fun living next door!
The lovely lake and Baldy, courtesy of Andrew's stinking nice camera.
Thomas and Andrew, kings of the mountain. Really they are standing on a tree that "accidentally" fell over right in front of them. Smooth, guys.
5 comments:
Yay! Hi Rock-cliffs.
What a fun little trip! Can I tell you Ty and I are huge fans of backpacking
Is this by Mirror Lake...I only ask because it looks like one of the pictures is of Bald Mountain...which leads me to ask...Did you see the Beaver Creek Nudist Ranch? That is Layne's favorite place.
Aww!! Yeah! I am glad you found me too!!! I've thought about you and wondered what you were up to in life. I'm glad to see it seems to be going well!
Ha! That is hysterical that you copied our pictures! That's too bad about losing all of your pictures though...you had some good ones. We will have to burn you our negatives. What a fun trip! We'll have to do something like it again before we all move away!
Post a Comment