Friday, October 16, 2009

Hollywood Cemetary

On October 8th we did a little exploring in Richmond. Thomas had the day off and our friend Robby staying with us while in town from Utah for a med school interview. We ended up at the Hollywood Cemetary which was really fun! In this cemetary there are the graves of Jefferson Davis, and Presidents John Tyler and James Monroe, graves of thousands of Confederate soldiers and many other important figures. We had a fun time driving around trying to find them all.
Jefferson Davis
Monument to the Confederacy surrounded by thousands of Confederate soldier graves including a lot from Gettysburg
President John Tyler
President James Monroe
I love the James River
Can anyone tell me what this fluffy guy is? Some kind of mole or shrew? I don't know. He was the size of a beaver but with no tail. He was so cute and fat lopping along the road!

2 comments:

shawnajctenney.blogspot.com said...

Looks like fun. You guys need a wrap baby carrier. They are heaven! Then you don't have to lug the car seat around. Ask me about it sometime if you don't already have one.

Rebecca said...

I believe that is a ground hog, my dog used to chase them around now and then. It looks like you guys are having tons of fun looking at the historical sights, that was one thing I enjoyed growing up near D.C.