Friday, June 5, 2009

Help! Moving advice please...

So as we approach our move to Virginia we are wondering if anyone has moving/packing advice for us. We really need advice on where to get good free moving boxes... ??

11 comments:

Andrew and Heather said...

Since I am in the middle of planning my move to Memphis right now I have found boxes at Costco, Macey's, and my sister in law got some at AVON. Also we are using ABF to move it that way we don't have to drive the truck and it turns out to be cheaper then driving it ourselves. hope that helps a little.

shawnajctenney.blogspot.com said...

Call the grocery stores every day. They usually have a bunch of boxes in produce. They will usually tell you when is a good time to come and get the boxes! You can try other stores too, but usually grocery stores have the most. :)

Susanne said...

Hi Bethany,
We're moving too. Just yesterday I started our search for moving boxes and found some online at freecycle.com. GREAT site. I also checked craigslist but they were only selling--not giving. Hope that gives you some good ideas.
Susanne

Susanne said...

Sorry, that's freecycle.ORG.
Susanne

We Joneses said...

move BEFORE you have a baby. That's the best advice I've got. :)

We Joneses said...

oh and we got so many boxes from the albertsons on center street. Just go talk to the fruit people at any grocery store and they'll get you spare apple boxes and stuff. maybe I should call them produce people.

Gabbitas Family said...

Ok really, you need to call me. First, does Thomas still work at TNI? If so, he should be able to get boxes at the Warehouse. I'll tell you what to do and how to do it. Second, how is your car getting to VA? We shipped ours to NY last summer when we went for our internship. I need to tell you about that also. Third, do you have a GPS? Fourth, Are you driving back yourselves, or are you boxing things up and having a company move you?

Janneke said...

You could try joining the Provo section of FreeCycle - or I could post something for you. I see moving boxes traded on there all the time. let me know.

Jolynn said...

Walmart. Just call them in the morning and ask if you can have boxes and they will let you know when you can pick them up.

BaconandBitch said...

ABF all the way. They are the bomb. We just got boxes from grocery stores. Also for stuff we didn't want to get wet we bought plastic bins. Our move went great. Well, as great as moving can be. Good luck planning!

BaconandBitch said...

Oh, and GPS is a must!