Saturday, December 5, 2009

North Carolina Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving we went to my Aunt Kristi and Uncle Rick's house in Cary, North Carolina (outside of Raleigh), about three hours away. We went down on Wednesday and returned Sunday morning.

The hard part: Brinley had a hard time adjusting to sleeping outside her own crib and I had to relive the DREADED multiple night feedings (made worse because I was still recovering from a cold) but she finally came around and slept through the night on Saturday. It was also a pain to have to nurse Brinley every two hours around all the family. I went upstairs and watched a lot of "Cake Boss" when Uncle Rick's family was around and I got really good at using my nursing cover otherwise. We also did a lot of standing and bouncing with Brinley. This is what she looks like most of the day...

All this misery aside, we had the MOST lovely time (cannot be emphasized enough) and we didn't want to come home when Sunday rolled around. It was so nice to be with family for the holiday and we were so grateful for the wonderful hospitality we received!

Here is a brief trip synopsis:

Wednesday: Arrived in time for dinner and catching up with the family. Thomas also enjoyed playing Mario Kart with my cousin Russell.

Thursday: My Uncle Rick's family (about 30 people) came for Thanksgiving appetizers and dinner (sooo delicious) and I had fun talking with some other young moms and watching "Dancing with the Stars" with the family.

Friday: I slept in and then had a fun time with my cousins MJ and KA who came from Arlington to visit for a few days. We watched "Star Trek" and "Angels and Demons" and played some more Mario Kart.

Saturday: We went for a walk around the beautiful neighborhood then we got ready for Russell's surprise 16th birthday party. We made ice cream cakes, put up decorations, and Uncle Rick set up a Dance Dance Revolution tournament. We all went to "Bounce-U," one of those blow up toy places, for a lot of fun! Aunt Kristi was nice enough to watch Brinley so I could run around with Thomas and my cousins. We watched the BYU- Utah game that night as well as a few more exciting football games (Thomas was a very happy husband).

Thomas before the big surprise. I love that you can see my Uncle Rick peering through the window in the background. He was so excited...

Me, Thomas, MJ and KA at Bounce U after a big race...

I love this picture... we look 6 years old. We're with MJ, KA and Russell...
Weirdo wife. It was really hard to get onto that thing so I felt pretty triumphant...
Brinley with my Aunt Kristi... It was sooo nice to have the eyes of another mom. She was so wonderful!
Having a nap with cousin MJ...


We can't wait for next Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Meedy said...

SOOO FUN! It looks like you had a fun Thanksgiving. There was a lot of family there! Also...OH MY GOSH...RUSSELL is 16! Brinley is so cute! Loved the pictures and reading. Can't wait to see you guys soon!