Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Brinley Jane Rawcliffe is Here!

Brinley Jane Rawcliffe arrived on September 10th at 7:31 PM. She was 7 pounds, 9 ounces and was 22 inches long. I endured 27 hours of labor and finally a C-section because she was turned face up and she wouldn't fit through her mommy. We had some trouble nursing at first and we stayed an extra day in the hospital to make sure she would gain some weight after she lost 8 percent of her birth weight. She did, however, and now everything is going great with both baby and mommy. We couldn't be more proud of her!

To view the rest of the pictures of our Brinley, click here.


21 comments:

Diane said...

Congrats!!! She looks so beautiful. What a trooper you are Bethany... 27 hours of labor.. wow. You guys will be great parents. Good luck adjusting to your new life... it's wonderful!

Lara said...

I don't say this about many newborns (since I usually in all honesty can't), but she is beautiful!!! Congratulations! Sorry it was such a long ordeal, but I'm glad she has arrived.

Marin said...

Congrats!!! ohhhh YEAAAHHHH! My sister-in-law just had a girl also with the same kind of birth story (in labor forever and finally had a c-section) but I hope you guys are feeling well. She is BEAUTIFUL!!! Ohh I am just so excited for you guys!

p.s. I love that name... my younger sister has the same one!!!

Amber said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Brinley is so beautiful!! I hope that everything goes well with your recovery, and transition to being parents.

Beth said...

so dang cute, glad to hear that you are doing ok, I can't even imagine 27 hours of labor and THEN a C-section! You are THE WOMAN!!! Love the pics and hope all is well!

Debbie said...

She is so cute!!!! Good job Bethany! U did a great job! isnt her sweet face so rewarding??? awww... u guys ... babies are so fun!

Meedy said...

SHE IS SO ADORABLE! I love he smile picture and the big bow hat. She has beautiful eyes. I am glad that she got here safely. Congratulations Thomas and Bethany!

Emily said...

Oh my goodness-YAY! Congratulations! This is SO exciting and I am so happy that everyone is doing well! Brinley Jane-what a cute name, and what a cute baby girl! Congrats!

Steve and Ashley Clawson said...

Congrats!! She is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see her in person! I'm so sorry about the long labor and the c- section, but isn't it funny how none of it matters the second your little angel is here? We are so excited for you guys! Call if you need anything at all! I hope that the bassinet is working out for you. Call me sometime, I would love to talk to you!

Erin said...

Oh Bethany she's so sweet! Shiloh had a huge cone head, too, but I'm sure by now Brinley's has gone away. It really scared LeRand, he thought it would stay that way (Shiloh's, not Brinley's :) ). You are such a cute little mama! Way to make it through the 27 hr. labor! I feel ya! Can't wait to hear your story. Hooray! Bethany is a mom!

Amy said...

Congrats! You have the most beautiful little girl! :)

Erin said...

she is beautiful well worth the wait I'm sure congrats I'm glad everything is OK

Jessica said...

Good job momma...27 hours, wow! She is wonderful! Our daughter just had her first birthday...enjoy every second and when you are up every two hours and can't possibly imagine how you are going to function...give her a sweet kiss and remember that it doesn't last long. You will be a super star mom...congrats!

The Rich Family said...

Congrats! Glad to hear everyone is doing well. The first three weeks are the hardest, but the good news is that it does get easier! Congrats again...what a fun new addition to your little family :)

Micah and Marilee Woolstenhulme said...

I was wondering if that was ever going to happen (probably not as much as you were though)! Congratulations! I think she is wonderful already! What great pictures (and why not with two such good-looking parents)! Love you Bethany! Take care! Let's talk by phone in some weeks when you actually have some time again and are on top of the newness! Congrats again!

Rosie said...

wow she is absolutely enchanting! Bethany..... what is there to say.... yeah. You go, mom. TAKE IT EASY and give yourself time to heal. It takes a lot longer than you'd expect to feel 100 percent, or even 62 percent. Enjoy this beautiful, tiny baby!!

Susanne said...

She's beautiful, Bethany. I love all these brand-new born pictures. Hooray, she's here!

Amelia Brame said...

Congrats! She's so adorable and has beautiful eyes like her momma...no offense Thomas :) Best of luck being new parents- we know you guys will be awesome!

Maria said...

Congratulations! I can't believe we're all old enough to be parents and all that! (Well, I'm definitely old enough...)
Anyways, hope things are going well!!

Skylar and Lauren said...

oh my goodness! She is SOO Adorable...and by the way u are not supposed to look that gorgeous right after u go through labor and then have a c-section! glad ur both doing well, let us know if u need anything! And what we can do to help....ok, fine and when ur ready for visits! well done woman!

shawnajctenney.blogspot.com said...

She is so beautiful!! I want to hold her!! I'm glad she got here safely. Call me any time when you are feeling insane. We will have skype soon!
Love ya!