Monday, October 13, 2008

Regularly Scheduled Programming

As I have thought back on the last couple of weeks, I have realized how predictable our lives have become. I am not complaining about this fact, however, because I like my schedule, dangit. My goal in this post is to remind myself just how good all that regularly scheduled programming that is my life really is. Beware. This will be excruciatingly long and detailed.

Saturday. Conference. Not so regularly scheduled, although I wish it happened more. I find myself craving those 8 hours of "have to do something with my hands so I can listen and stay fully alert" every 6 months. I go craft/project crazy and/or get a lot of cleaning done. I listen far better when I am doing instead of just sitting. During the priesthood session I did something I have NEVER done- I hosted a partay for a few lady friends and my sista. Yes, I cooked dinner, cleaned my house, ate that dinner at a fixed-up table and watched a sappy movie with girls. My mother will be shocked.

Sunday. Conference again. I painted cheapey sign boards. I baked super brownies. Thomas and I sewed country patches on our folk dance bags. We went to my Aunt Susan and Uncle Vern's house for a stinking wonderfully delicious meal and was able to see and chat with 44 of my relatives. We visited Thomas's parents and brought home some pie that stunk up my house because I forgot about it.

Monday. Work. School. Boring. Thomas studied a lot, as usual.

Tuesday. By far, both of our busiest day of the week! Work in the morning, classes all day long (until 6:30 pm for me and 9:30 for Thomas). I then had some delightful rehearsals- I am in my friend Ashley's modern dance piece for the upcoming senior showcase. My body is a little rusty when it comes to modern, but I LOVE it! I then had clogging rehearsal until late and came home exhausted. Thomas danced at the Law and Religion Symposium at the Marriott Hotel in Provo. This is an annual event with diplomats and religious leaders from all over the world in attendance. Thomas enjoyed sitting by an Area Authority he knew from his mission in Russia for dinner.

Wednesday. The usual (work and school), a great workout in the BYU weight room for me, then I went to a parade rehearsal with the folk dancers (I am a TA for the backup team) and ran around like a crazy person. I then rushed to tap rehearsal (which was regrettably quite unproductive) and then ran to watch Thomas in the dress rehearsal for Homecoming Spectacular. It was delightful to watch! The folk dancers performed a new Welsh piece with the entire Men's Chorus singing and banging on bottles behind them. Some of the chorus comes out to dance with the folk women and then the chorus director gets tossed into the air by all the men. Hilarious! Thomas got home after midnight and stayed up even later to study.

Thursday. Thomas understandably stays home from work, sick and tired. I go to class all morning, workout, go to a tap rehearsal, come home for my treasured nap, do homework, go to modern rehearsal, then drag myself to bowling league where I stink it up big time. Thomas goes to classes all day then to perform in Homecoming Spectacular, where his lovely partner forgets the dance and he drags her around the stage for half the number.

Friday. I go to TA, teach a tap class (which is not very ordinary and super fun!), go workout, and then go home to sit on my tush and be bored. I go with Diana and my friend Janeen to Homecoming Spectacular and watch from a million miles away, but still LOVE it (and I will admit I cried just a little). Thomas was a beaming star. Thomas went to work, to classes all day and then straight to the show, after which he was able to meet Elder Dallin H. Oaks and have a picture with him (his daughter played violin in the show). We then went out together with a bunch of my social workey friends to get milkshakes and laugh A LOT.

Saturday. Tap rehearsal. I had to teach the earlier ensemble and was dreadfully late due to forgetting the music (which I couldn't find anyway when I went back for it). I had a lot of fun learning the rest of our stinking awesome disco number which is whirlwind fast! I then went home for a boring day of sitting, sleeping, homework. Thomas went to the Homecoming Parade to freeze his tush off and hand out balloons to freezing spectators. He came home and studied like a good little boy all day long. We stopped briefly to visit Diana and borrow her TV for the last half of the BYU game and later we snuggled and watched a movie.

Sunday. Church. I bore my testimony and bawled. Thomas got to come home early from bishopric meetings and we went to Thomas's parents for a good dinner and a movie. His sister and niece were there with 5 brand new baby kitties! Study, study, study.

Ok are you bored spitless yet? I, amazingly, am quite impressed with how eventful the week was! I guess it is useful to really remember what is going on and count your blessings!!

3 comments:

shawnajctenney.blogspot.com said...

I can only leave this comment because you are my sister. A miquaucky and a coo coo to you!

I am sad you forgot to invite your OTHER SISTA to your cluck cluck party. Of course, I don't know what I would do with the kids if I had come, so it's probably good you forgot me. I really can actually come to your house. Provo is not that far away. :( That night, I had a really depressing evening spent in mom's humungous, way too big kitchen where I balled my brains out. I will tell you about the stinking non-hen party later.

Love ya

Kim Hegerhorst said...

Wow! So Productive! That makes me feel like I do NOTHING...haha! I know that's not true, but most of what I do, or try to do, gets undone by the little toddler who follows me around the house all day long. Oh, the life before kids!

Colin said...

normality is a good thing. but like you said, when you go through and remember all the things you did during the week, you realize how productive and awesome your week was. anywho.. you're awesome!