It is a three level, three bedroom townhouse in a big complex on the southside of Richmond. Most of the townhomes in the complex are cute red brick with little yards but we got stuck with the ugliest ones with no yard. I guess it is good I am inside most of the time, eh? We haven't put pictures on any of the walls yet except the front room (I am extremely indecicive) so things will look more homey eventually.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
New Apartment Pictures
Since we have now lived here a month, I figured it was time to let my family see where we live. This will be detailed for their sake and probably boring for anyone else...
It is a three level, three bedroom townhouse in a big complex on the southside of Richmond. Most of the townhomes in the complex are cute red brick with little yards but we got stuck with the ugliest ones with no yard. I guess it is good I am inside most of the time, eh? We haven't put pictures on any of the walls yet except the front room (I am extremely indecicive) so things will look more homey eventually.
The second one from the left is ours. If you look closely you can see Butter Cat poking his head out of the blinds... when I took these pictures he followed me around and wanted to be in every one!
This is the view from our front portch. There is a country club right outside so we have foresty view.
This is the view out the back where we park our cars.
Master bedroom. Although you can't tell from this picture, this room is actually pretty humongous. There is a closet to the right and a big space behind me where we have a dresser and a bunch of drawers, bookshelf and drawers to make up for the lack of closet space.
Itty bitty upstairs bathroom. You can see we had to add an extra cabinet for storage space here too.
Upstairs nursery. We just bought a crib and dresser for Baby Girl's room but we haven't picked it up yet. Here is what we have so far in there... I made the curtains, pillows and lampshade that match the bedding and wall pictures. I am really proud of myself!! We found a really good deal on the crib and dresser and LOVE them, but they are black. I made all this pink and brown stuff prior to finding the black furniture and HOPE it doesn't clash too terribly bad!
Here is a view from the front door into the living room on the main floor. I really like this room and spend most of my time in here (also because it is the coolest room). The stairs to the left lead to the third level and under them is a door with stairs that lead to the basement.
Here is a view of the living room from the kitchen door...
The kitchen. To the left is the door that leads to the living room. Our washer and dryer hookups are in this room (whine, complain). To the right is the dryer and door to the outside (where our cars are parked).
View of the other side of the kitchen. To the left is the door outside. You can see we had to add storage stuff to this room as well... could they not have build a pantry?
This is one side of the "family room" downstairs. Behind me is the sliding glass door to the front parking lot and to the right is the stairs to the main level. Hopefully this room will be a little more friendly someday with a rug or something. Right now it is basically just storage space. On the wall to the right is shelves and you can see the door to the office.
I shouldn't have written "itty bitty" by the bathroom upstairs because this one really is the smallest bathroom in tarnation. there is a teeny shower to the left that is not ideal for the clausterphobic.
This is the "cave" where Thomas studies every night. It is a nice big room in the basement, it just has no windows.
It is a three level, three bedroom townhouse in a big complex on the southside of Richmond. Most of the townhomes in the complex are cute red brick with little yards but we got stuck with the ugliest ones with no yard. I guess it is good I am inside most of the time, eh? We haven't put pictures on any of the walls yet except the front room (I am extremely indecicive) so things will look more homey eventually.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Fun! Looks like a great place! And I had fun searching for butter in all your pictures...it reminded me of Where's Waldo. :)
I think that your place looks great! You have TONS of storage space! We don't have nearly that amount. I hope you are having fun neighbor! (Ok, not really but close enough).
Wow your apartment has an upstairs AND a downstairs. I couldn't really imagine how it worked (especially the strange storage space with glass doors) but I am so happy for you two! Miss you Bethany!
Your pink and brown stuff in the nursery is so cute! And I think it will be just fine with a black crib. Good choices!
Your house is so totally cute!! You have done a great job making it a home. I can't believe you made all that stuff for your babies room!! I have a sewing machine that I don't even know how to thread, much less use! (Do you give sewing lessons?) What a talented girl you are!
I love the pictures! We had to add extra storage to our kitchen too--there's no cupboard space! I'm glad you found my blog so we can be blog buddies now! Cute apartment!
Hello! I hope you stay in VA long enough for us to move up there and live bear you (that's in our future plans, just not sure how many years it'll take to get there. You are so cute! I still think about how awesome that BYU game was at VP with you and Rachel (and Amy, although she wasn't as excited about the turn out). Miss you and hope everything goes great with Baby!! I'll be watching :) can't wait
Post a Comment