Monday, February 23, 2009

VIRGINIA? OK!

Thomas got into dental school at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond!!!!! I can't even express how excited we are. Thomas has been really stressed and frustrated with the whole application process and honestly, we were planning on staying in Utah and reapplying next year. I think there must have been an audible "ping" when Thomas heard the news because he couldn't be more stress free at this point! It is his 26th birthday tomorrow- could you ask for a better present?? It is nice to have an idea of what the future holds rather than just being in limbo.

We are a little nervous about moving across the country in the middle of July just in time to move in, start school and have a baby. We both love an adventure, and this will certainly be just that! We have some family and friends back there that will hopefully not mind us nagging them for help with finding resources and connections. I am planning on probably waiting until the baby comes to get a social work job, for sanity's sake. We are excited to be able to explore all the sites back east and are ambitiously planning to see everything in the four years we are there!

Congratulations Thomas! You are the most capable, smart, wonderful husband I could ask for!

16 comments:

Jessica said...

Bethany,
Hey this is Stewie or Jessica Stewart from T-ville, dance co. I clicked on to your blog from Ashley's blog. E-mail me your e-mail so i can invite you to my blog. I would love to get back in touch...
jessicadutson@gmail.com

Your family is so cute, congrats!

Erin said...

Yay Thomas! Congrats....Now Tyson and I can come visit and see the sights with you

Beth said...

Yeah!!! That is so awesome! We are so excited for you guys! What an adventure it will be...and all with a brand new baby. You are brave! :) But I am sure it will be amazing. Such a great birthday gift! Happy birthday Thomas! And yeah for no more stressing!

Bethany, Scott, and family said...

Now we definitely should get together when you guys get to Virginia!!! So fun!! And we'll help you in any way that we can :-)

M-Z-T said...

Congrats!! VCU is a great school. Jakob is thinking of applying there for his masters work.

I'm so excited for the two of you! Let me know what I can do while you two are still in Utah!

Happy Birthday Thomas!

Andrew and Heather said...

Congratulations! Some really good friends of ours just started there this last fall and they love it! They live in a townhouse they rent that is really cheap let me know if you want their info!

Holly said...

Hey! Congrats on dental school and congrats on the baby! woohoo! I guess now you can understand why I was such a bum in our world dance class. Don't worry though it (usually) gets better in a couple months :)

Janneke said...

Yay, congrats! On dental school and the baby!

T.J. and Kathy Christensen said...

WAHOO!!! Congrats on dental school and the baby! You'll be such awesome parents.

Ashley said...

Congrats you guys!

Ashley O said...

I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I heard the news from Craig Madsen. Sad say for me! Happy day for you and Thomas and Butter and ratty-tat-tat friends!!! I'm going to miss you. This is why we need to hang out. soon.

Ashley O said...

oh and did i mention that we need to hang out soon? C;

Aubrey said...

Congrats! My bro is out there at Med school and has had a great experience. Good luck and maybe we should get together before you leave?!

McKenzie said...

Woohoo! What exciting news. Congratulations Thomas!

Maria said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. We'll miss you guys in the clogging world though... and wow, Thomas is getting OLD!!! :)

BaconandBitch said...

Hey congrats! I meant to comment a lot earlier but I guess I didn't! Congrats on the baby and Dental school!