Saturday, November 1, 2008

Lots to catch up on!

Life is just flying by! We have been ridiculously busy and are pretty exhausted, but it has been a fun month. Here are a few highlights...

We love family game nights! Butter decided to help us play Jenga, an interesting endeavor...


As I have continued to stink it up at Bowling League, one of my teammates quadrupled her average. I have never seen luck like hers! It has been fun to bowl every week!


Thomas flew down to Los Angeles for an interview with the USC dental school. He LOVED the school and had fun staying with my cousin Danny who kindly let him spend the night and took him out on the town. During his spare time he was able to visit the Colosseum and Tommy the Trojan- this filled him with utter glee!



Late in October Thomas and I danced our clogging duet and some fun steps at our ward variety night. He and some folkie friends also performed a Hungarian dance they had whipped up. They also performed that night for one of our awesome folk dance costume lady friends, Robin, at her surprise birthday party. She was thrilled at the surprise. We also had a special October birthday party with her, the two other fun costume ladies, their husbands and the Watsons at Brick Oven. This is an annual dinner that we love!

I LOVE HALLOWEEN! This year we dragged it out as long as possible. The pic on the right is us disco style at the folk dance party (I had to get a disco costume for a tap number and Thomas was forced to wear his during his clogging days- his director was a little mean!). On the left and bellow are at our friend Sarah's annual Halloween party. Her mother is CRAZY about Halloween and her house is always wonderfully decorated. We had a delicious Halloween themed dinner with lots of good friends. Oh and you must be wondering about my ridiculous costume- I found this funny dragon costume and decided to spruce it up by ripping the head off a frog stuffed animal (which had hilarious jagged teeth) and I sewed it up into this stupid mask. I could only keep it on for like 2 minutes, but it was fun to make!


On Friday we invited friends for our own Halloween bash. Our friend Jen has been waiting to watch the old movie "Wait Until Dark" for a year now so we hosted the event and supplied a bunch of junk food and root-beer floats. I also made a fun dinner for Thomas of spicy pumpkin soup in these cute pumpkin bread bowls that my mom always served on Halloween, and cinnamon croutons. I was really proud of myself! I've been in a domestic mood lately, which is probably my way of distracting myself from looming course work. Bring on Thanksgiving!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! You have been busy! I had no idea about your many talents!

Erin said...

Way you do love Halloween! I am glad your still able to be apart of the dancing fun some of the time :) It's been so nice to have the week off!

Beth said...

That costume brings back some sweet memories!!! All I know is I don't think we ever got through that number with out some one dropping their partner while attempting "the waterfall" :) Such great times!! Looks like you guys had fun!

Amber said...

Wow, it looks like you guys have had a fun month. I love your costumes! I keep telling John we should go to MBA school at BYU so I can hang out with all my old friends who are still around, but he has other ideas. I hope that you guys get into the school that you want.

shawnajctenney.blogspot.com said...

What a fun month! You are so cute to do pumkin bread bowls. I always go to the Trunk or treat on Halloween where they have dinner, so I haven't ever done the pumkin bowls. But I did make sugar cookies for the kids to frost.

I love your dragon costume! Cute! I was too lame (or busy) to think up any costume this year. Oh well, we didn't go to any parties, so it's okay.

M-Z-T said...

Oh my gosh! I still have that costume and man does it bring back some interesting memories.

Great costume Beth! It looked great!

Tyson and Marie said...

I have to tell you that I LOVE that you are in a bowling league...that is so fun! I also love all of your costumes...very creative:)

Janneke said...

i like the dragon costume. Hott

McKenzie said...

I love the frog/dragon costume! Very nice!

Colin said...

my favorite is jen's face in that picture. classic jen. :)

Kasey Strong said...

Hey, this is Kasey (Garrett's, your cousin's wife) and I was looking at Stephanie's blog so I decided to look at it. We just got a blog so I'm kind of obsessed for the time being... (our blog is garrettandkaseystrong.blogspot.com if you want to add us). So I noticed there is a picture of a pumpkin colored soup bowl and I was wondering where you got it. We used to make one like that at Shirley's Bakery, where I worked, so that's why I'm asking. Anyway, I hope your life is going so well, maybe we'll see ya at the next family gathering!